Welcome to Volter
With Volter you can search for printed and e-resources of Turku University Library. Please see our Quick Guide for further info.
You can also still use Volter Classic.
In Volter you can
- Search for printed resources, reserve them and make storage requests.
- Renew your loans.
- Search and read e-books and databases.
- Search for international e-resources in Primo database.
- Search for Finnish articles in Arto-database.
- Search and order resources of National Repository Library.
- You can now request PDF copies of articles from the National Repository Library in Volter. Search for results on the National Repository Library tab. When a journal is in question, you will see the link “PDF Article Request” on the right top. With the form, you can request an article from the National Repository Library if they have the issue you need. You will get the article to your e-mail. The service is free. To use the service you need to log in with your library card and you must have a University of Turku or a Turku University Hospital email address.
- Default PIN has changed. THe new default PIN is your date of birth in format ddmmyy.
- The daily maintenance break of the library system is timed between 22:00-22:30, when e.g. the renewal of loans is not possible.
- There can be problems in the remote use of ScienceDirect in some situations when loading pdf files. You can in this case move back to the page where the articles are presented one below the other and download there.